Assistant Professor in Speech-Language Pathology
Faculty Classification: AY
Faculty Status: Tenure-Track
Status: Extended Open Until Filled
Department Name: Extended Education
Job Number: FAC2020-339
Priority Screening Date: 04/11/2021
Recruitment Status: Apply now! Priority screening date extended.
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
- Teach graduate courses
- Develop and maintain research, scholarly and creative activities leading to publications
- Arrange clinical placements for the MS-SLP students
- Oversee required documentation of practicum experiences
- Supervise clinical / practicum experiences and provide PD for site supervisors.
- Serve on thesis, department, college and university committees
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community
- Strong commitment to developing a modern curriculum
- Doctorate degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Sciences and Disorders or related discipline from an accredited program by time of appointment
- Hold the certificate of clinical competence (CCC) in speech-language pathology from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) (or eligible and must obtain CCCs from ASHA within the first year of employment)
- Licensed as a speech-language pathologist in California (or eligible and must obtain the California license in speech-language pathology within the first year of employment)
- Demonstrated potential for teaching wide range of courses at the college level
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly and creative activities
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with an ethically and culturally diverse student population
- Record of clinical experience and clinical supervision of students
- Significant experience in the following disorder areas: neuroscience, adult language, cognitive linguistic disorders, and dysphagia
Other Related Information:
Special Conditions of Employment:
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Educations Family Educational Rights and Privacy and Californias Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
Compensation and Benefits:
CAMPUS HOUSING INFORMATION
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/6141
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application and submit required documents by the priority screening date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency