ACADEMIC PROGRAMS ADMINISTRATOR, Center for English Language & Orientation (23500120510801)
Tracking Code: 23500120510801
The Academic Program Administrator plays a vital role within the CELOP Academic Programs team, responsible for managing and implementing logistics for CELOP's professional, high school, group, and custom program activities. As the point person for program information sharing, this individual will coordinate activities within CELOP, Boston University, and external stakeholders throughout the program lifecycle. The Academic Programs Administrator will also play a crucial role in organizing program events, providing support for new program development, and collaborating closely with CELOP faculty and staff to ensure the success of CELOP programming. Reporting to the Academic Programs Manager with a dotted line to the Associate Director of Business Development, this position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth and excellence of CELOP.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, Academic Programs and Academic Programs Manager, plan and implement professional, high school, group, and custom programs and activities. This includes developing and managing detailed project schedules and work plans, providing consistent updates to stakeholders, monitoring progress, and ensuring timely completion. (35%)
- Organize, prepare, and arrange arrival/departure services, orientations, and group functions such as welcome and departure events. Create and track the completion of selected pre-arrival documentation and forms. Organize and lead on relevant program purchases and payments ensuring accuracy in expense tracking. Develop and maintain a portfolio of activities and resources within the greater Boston area. (25%)
- Collaborate with and provide support to the Associate Director, Business Development during the development process for new programs. Contribute to new program development research and proposal writing. (15%)
- Serve as the Minors Program Coordinator, maintaining compliance with the BU Protection of Minors Policy. Act as the primary liaison with the Minors Program Coordination Group and provide relevant training to staff, faculty and student workers. Manage and maintain program documentation and forms. Establish processes and effectively communicate to staff. (10%)
- Hire, supervise, and train program-specific staff employees, including student worker and program assistants. (10%)
- Initiate, organize and lead program kick-off and debrief meetings. Update and distribute program surveys. Compile comprehensive end-of-program reports. (5%)
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Required: BA/BS degree; MA/MS preferred.
- Preferred: 3-5 years of professional experience in higher education, ideally in a similar role.
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management abilities.
- Experience working with English as a Second Language students is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Patient and committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Proactive and results-oriented mindset.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to handle sensitive student information with discretion.
- Advanced computer skills; familiarity with FileMaker Pro and project management applications (e.g., Asana, Trello, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Boston and Boston University is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location: BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary Grade: Grade 46
To apply, visit https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=312696&company_id=15509&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=1018629&aid=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency